General Terms and conditions
Market Mobility products are of the highest standard, sourced in new condition from leading manufacturers. Where an item is previously owned this will be shown clearly with any defects detailed and you must satisfy yourself that the product is suitable for your needs.
Ordering & Payments:
- You can place your order safely and simply on-line or by contacting us on 01787 827474 or 07940 280888, over the phone or in person.
- Payment can be made using all major credit and debit cards with the Market Mobility/SumUp Secure Payment System.
- All orders are processed by our Sales Team who are fully compliant with both Data Protection and Computer Misuse Acts.
- We only ship to addresses within mainland UK, Local delivery and set up of equipment is free of charge, Local delivery includes addresses in the following counties, Essex, Herts & Suffolk, We may at our discretion agree to free deliveries outside these areas, but any such agreement will be on a case by case basis and will need to be agreed before any equipment is ordered.
- All personal information gathered is for the sole purpose of processing customer orders and is not passed to any other party.
- Please note that no products will be dispatched until paid for in full (including any postage).
- Individuals who are chronically sick or disabled and whose products are for personal use, along with charities where the products are made available to a disabled person for their own personal or domestic use, may be eligible for VAT exemption.
- The majority of Market Mobility prices include delivery charges but do not include VAT (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- To qualify for VAT exemption you must ensure the VAT Exempt check boxes are ticked, state the precise medical condition, and meet the criteria at the time you place your order. Assuming you meet this criteria, VAT will not be added unless a particular product has compulsory VAT. Orders which are received without ticked exemption will incur the VAT charge, which will be highlighted clearly to you through our shopping calculator. Should you have any queries please contact us on 01787 827474 or 07940 280888 or email and a member of staff will gladly advise you.
- Completed VAT Exemption Declarations by customers are accepted as prima facie evidence by the Company that a valid medical condition exists for exemption under The VAT Act, and no VAT will be charged on the goods purchased.
- If, at a later date, HMRC disputes the validity of the medical condition, you will be liable to pay the appropriate VAT that should have been applied.
- Under these circumstances, Market Mobility reserves the right to demand that you pay the VAT amount that is due.
- We endeavour to process all orders within one full working day and have your product delivered to you within 7 days. Delivery times are estimates only and no guarantee can be made unless in exceptional circumstances and it is approved by a member of our Sales Team. Where we have available stock, we will do our utmost to provide next day delivery. If you do require next day delivery please contact us directly on 01787 827474 or 07940 280 888 for this service and this can be arranged for you at an additional cost.
Free Local delivery is only available for postcodes in Essex, Herts and Suffolk, deliveries outside these area are chargeable. You will be advised of the delivery charge before you place your order.
- Where an engineered delivery is required (for example to set up a scooter or rise recline chair) there will be a minimum fee of £90 unless you qualify for free local delivery and set up (Available to customers in Essex, Herts and Suffolk) The fee will cover setting up your equipment, a safety briefing on how to use your item and disposal of packaging.
Where this is the case, delivery will be actioned by Market Mobility, usually within 7 days, and the additional charge will apply. It is your responsibility to ensure the Mobility Technician has clear and unimpeded access to effect delivery and installation, and Market Mobility will not be held responsible for any failure to deliver if this is prevented due to matters beyond our control, or for any damage, howsoever caused, to any product or premises due to inadequate access. The charge will be levied for all attempted deliveries so please ensure someone is at the premises to take delivery.
- Goods damaged in transit must be reported immediately by signing the delivery note as damaged on arrival and informing the company within 24 hours. Any damaged goods must be retained by the buyer for any inspection. If the delivery note is signed without the comment damaged on arrival, the Market Mobility cannot be held responsible for damages. Customers may be requested to supply photos of the damage sustained in delivery & despatch.
Returns & Exchanges:
- Market Mobility offer a 14 Days (Calendar Days) cooling off period in which customers can inspect the goods and determine suitability. To exercise this right, you must notify us initially by Telephone 017870827474 or (07940 280888) & in writing by email
- The goods must be returned at your cost within 14 days of the date of your notification to us that you wish to return the goods. Our Administration Charges for the return of goods are listed below. We will not refund you any supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us.
- Alternatively Customers can return their orders themselves, in all instances a Returns form & Reference will need to accompany the goods. Failure to do so will result in your returned goods not being traceable. Where goods are made to order for example Power chairs and products which for Health & Safety reasons cannot be returned for example Incontinence products & Bath lifts please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
- All products must be returned complete, unused, in an undamaged state and in their original packing. If products are not returned in their original condition on return, Market Mobility reserves the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s). This charge may include the cost of parts, materials, labour and any subsequent loss to Market Mobility
- Where goods need to be dismantled to enable return, providing you notify us by phone or in writing within 14 days of delivery and agree to pay our costs (this will be confirmed beforehand), we will send a Mobility Technician to your premises to collect the goods at a convenient time. This will be at a cost of £90.00 and will be within 14 days of receipt of confirmation of your cancellation.
- All refunds will be processed within 14 days following receipt of goods.
- Orders under £30 – £6.00
- Daily Living Aids £15.00
- Walking Aids £15.00
- Manual Wheelchairs £25.00
- Bathroom Aids £25.00
- Mobility Scooter £65.00
- Recliner Chair £65.00
- Power Chair £65.00
- Bedroom Aids £60.00
- Patient & Handling £60.00
- Please contact us on 01787 827474 or 07940 280888 or email for a returns label and authorisation number.
- Should you decide to return the product(s) please ensure that you affix the label on the product and tick the appropriate box letting us know the reason for the return. This will enable us to process your refund more speedily.
- Refunds will be made via SumUp or by cheque. (if by cheque the name on the cheque will be that of the purchaser on the original invoice.
- The majority of our products are guaranteed for twelve months by the manufacturer. Our warranty does not cover items used outside of Mainland UK and does not include the cost for the hire of a replacement product(s). For items purchased outside of mainland UK, we can provide a return to base warranty at our discretion and at your cost. If any problems are experienced with the product(s) overseas, please contact us on 07940 280888 or alternatively you can always email us
Are there any conditions or limitations on the warranty?
- Our warranties provide coverage only if you maintain or use the product as directed. For example, Our warranty covers only personal use as opposed to business use of the product. If there are multiple users of the product then we would not cover any product faults.
- Please note that if you have made any modifications to the product then this invalidates the manufacturer’s warranty and Market Mobility’s guarantee.
Every effort is taken to ensure that the product supplied corresponds as closely as possible to the pictures illustrated on our website or catalogue but they may vary due to unique and characteristic, variations of materials . Market Mobility are not responsible for any such variations, including but not limited to the following :
- Product colour and shade may vary from one manufacturing batch to the another.
- Fabric patterns are not matched unless stated on labelling.
- Leather is a natural material with unique characteristics such as shade variation , random scars and blemishes.
We reserve the right to make any changes to product specifications (internal or external) and any other changes where necessary.
Please check the details of the products shown on promotional publications or offers before ordering as products may differ from catalogue to website to store.
- The price of the Goods is the price set out on the Website. All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling.
- The price of the Goods is exclusive of the costs and charges of packaging, insurance and transport of the Goods, which shall be invoiced to you separately.
- The price of the Goods is exclusive of VAT. (except where shown)
- Where the non web based Price’ is listed, this refers to the current price in Market Mobility’s non web based outlets.
- The prices shown are only applicable to purchases made via the Website. On occasions, the prices payable and promotions offered online may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time in Market Mobility’s non web based outlets. We are under no obligation to honour any non web based outlet price or promotion that differs from those online. Similarly, Market Mobility’s non web based outlets are under no obligation to honour any online price or promotion that differs from the non web based outlets.
- Special Offers and promotions advertised in the press or other media may be excluded from the site unless specifically advertised as available online. All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last. This includes all offers advertised via official Market Mobility’s social media channels.
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
- Batteries and chargers have a 6 month manufacturers guarantee. If you have an engineered delivery you will be asked to sign to confirm that you are satisfied with your product. With a standard delivery Market Mobility cannot take any responsibility for products assembled or fitted incorrectly. If a product does not function properly on arrival, please call Market Mobility immediately for guidance.
- If you experience a problem with your charger it will be necessary to inspect it before considering a replacement. We will collect the charger for testing and if it is found to be faulty, we will arrange a replacement.
- If you detect a problem regarding the loss of performance of your scooter, in the first instance it will be necessary for you to have the batteries drop tested. This can be carried out by a mobility shop, a garage, or Halfords. A copy of the drop test will need to be either emailed or posted to Market Mobility and, if the batteries are found to be faulty, we will replace them under warranty. Please be advised that Market Mobility cannot take responsibility for the day to day maintenance of customers scooters and it is recommended that scooters/power chairs and rise recliners are serviced once a year.
- In addition, parts which are subjected to normal wear and tear, accidental damage, neglect or misuse are excluded from the manufacturers warranty. Normal wear and tear includes tyres, chassis covers, bulbs and seat coverings. Guarantees are non-transferrable.
- Failure to maintain the brushes in the motor could void the scooter or power chair warranty. These should be inspected every six months or sooner if your scooter is not operating smoothly. Any inspection or maintenance should be carried out by an engineer.
- Controllers should be kept clean and protected from water and rain.
Market Mobility is unable to accept responsibility in the following cases:-
- If a scooter, power chair or rise recliner is not maintained as per the manufacturers guidelines laid out in the user manual.
- Failure to use the manufacturers parts.
- If any alterations or amendments have been carried out on the product.
To ensure that batteries are kept in best condition please read our guide below:-
- When you first install your new battery, place it on charge for at least 24 hours. If your vehicle is to be stored for any length of time, firstly charge fully, then disconnect the battery.
- Battery charging technology has changed considerably over recent years. Mobility scooter batteries (especially gel/sealed batteries) now offer more power for their size and provide longer performance. Charge your batteries after each and every use no matter how short the distance travelled. Always fully charge your batteries, never part charge sealed lead acid or AGM mobility scooter batteries.
Always use the correct charging system for the batteries. Never use car chargers on gel batteries. Never completely discharge your battery.
- WARNING! Batteries can be hazardous. All batteries – wet, sealed and gel units, contain lead and sulphuric acid, both are highly toxic and sulphuric acid is highly corrosive.
Here are some simple rules for proper battery charging:-
- Use the manufacturer’s automatic charger for all routine charging. Leave the automatic charger turned on whenever possible, you cannot over-charge a battery when using automatic 3 stage chargers (the one supplied with your product).
- Never run batteries completely flat.
With smaller travel scooters fully charge after each use.
- We stock a range of mobility scooter battery chargers suitable for most makes of mobility scooters from 2amp/hour upwards to 8amp/hour. All of these chargers are fitted with the industry standard round 3 pin plug unless requested otherwise.
- Your battery will wear out with age or frequency of use. As the battery gets older your mobility scooter will travel more slowly or for shorter distances.
- If you use your mobility scooter very regularly then the battery will obviously wear out faster.
- The distance you can expect from fully charged batteries will be greatly influenced by weight, terrain and the ambient temperature.
How Often Should You Charge?
- Daily users – charge daily after use. Your scooter will then be ready each morning to give you a full days service.
- If you use your scooter infrequently (once a week or less), charge the batteries once a week for 12 to 14 hours.
- Smaller travel scooters batteries should be fully charged after each use.
- Remember to always remove the key from your scooter so it is not accidentally left activated.
- Store batteries fully charged. Check once a month and recharge as needed. Wet batteries can hold their charge for up to three months, sealed models six to twelve months. Remember, if storing your chair/scooter/rise recliner for longer than a few weeks, it’s best to charge the batteries and then disconnect them.
- A battery operated with insufficient charge over a long period of time may develop sulphate on the plates. This sulphate is dense and hard, and cannot be readily converted to normal active material again. In this condition the battery is unable to deliver its full power.